Sunday, April 22, 2007

Wishes

"I wish I was a fisherman
tumblin' on the seas...
Far away from dry land
and its bitter memories...
Casting out my sweet line
with abandonment and love...
No ceiling bearin down on me
'cept the starry sky above...
With light in my head
and you in my arms!!
Woohoo!
I wish I was the brakeman
on a hurtlin fevered train!
Crashing a-headlong into the heartland
like a cannon in the rain...
With the beating of the sleepers
and the burnin' of the coal,
counting the towns flashing by...
In a night thats full of soul...
With light in my head
and you in my arms!!!
Woohoo!

Well I know I will be loosened
from bonds that hold me fast!
That the chains all hung around me
will fall away at last!!
And on that fine and fateful day,
I will take me in my hands...
I will ride on the train...
I will be the fisherman...
With light in my head
and you in my arms!!"

No comments: